Modify dimension properties
You can modify the properties of the dimensions in an open drawing.
- Double-click a dimension.
- Switch all the check boxes off in the dialog box by clicking the on/off switchat the bottom of the dialog box, and select only the check boxes next to the properties that you want to modify.
- On the General tab, modify the dimension type, format, and placing settings.
For example, here you can set the dimension to be free or fixed. Free lets Tekla Structures to decide the location and direction of the dimension. Fixed allows you to place the dimension at any point.
- On the Appearance tab, modify the text, line and arrow settings.
- On the Marks tab, modify the dimension markpart of a dimension that displays the basic information about the building object measurements
A dimension mark can consist of a prefix, numerical value, and postfix.
contents and exaggeration settings.
Here you can also select whether you want to show plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
- On the Marks tab, click the ... button next to Prefix or Posfix to add elements in the dimension mark and modify element appearance.
- On the Tags tab, add dimension tags as required, and set the dimension tagpart of a dimension that displays additional information about the building object
Here you can also select to include part count to dimension tags and select a filter that removes the desired default content from the tag. You can also select the curved dimension tag type to control how the tags are aligned to the dimension.
- Click Modify.