Example 2: Create a mark template containing a formula in the value field
You use decimals instead of fractions in your part marks in the US Imperial environment by adding a formularule stated in a mathematical language
Formula is part of an equation.
in the mark template value field.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties and select the drawing type.
- Load drawing properties that are as close to the ones you need as possible.
- Single-part, assembly and cast unit drawings: Click View creation , select the view and the properties that you want to change, and click View properties.
- Click Part mark.
- In the mark properties dialog box, double-click the User-defined attribute element in the Available elements list to add it in the mark.
- In the Mark content - template dialog box, click Create new.
This starts the Template Editortool in Tekla Structures that is used for creating and modifying templates to be used in drawings and reports
- Click File > New and create a new graphical templatetemplate that may contain text, graphics, and bitmaps
Graphical templates are primarily used in drawings but they can also be used in HTML reports. Graphical templates display project and company information, for example. In addition to text, they can contain graphics, such as table outlines, bitmaps or symbols.
- Click Insert > Component > Row .
- Select PART as the content typedetermination of which template attributes can be used in the template object value fields for a template component row
Content types are mainly based on object types.
- Click Insert > Value field , and place the field.
- In the displayed Select Attribute [Part] dialog box, click the Formula button.
- Add the following formula in the Formula box and click OK :
"L " + format(GetValue("HEIGHT"),"Length","inch",1) + " x "+ format(GetValue("WIDTH"),"Length","inch",1) + " x " + format(GetValue("PROFILE.FLANGE_THICKNESS_1"),"Length","inch",2)
- Double-click the value field to open the Value Field Properties dialog box.
- Set the Data type to text, enter a name for the field, for example, PART_MARK , and ensure that the length value you give in the Length field is high enough to fit all the characters and numbers included, for example, 20.
- Click OK.
- Click Edit > Properties and minimize the height and the width of the row.
- Click File > Save to save the template.
The template is by default saved as a .tpl file in the \mark folder under the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
. You can copy this template to other models as required.
- In Tekla Structures , click Refresh list in the Mark content - template dialog box to see the template you created.
- Select the template and click OK.
- Save the mark properties for later use with a unique name.
- Single-part, assembly and cast unit drawings:Click Save to save the changes in view properties and Close to return to drawing properties.
General arrangement drawings: Click OK.
- Click Save to save the drawing properties, then click OK and create the drawing.