Create moment connection symbols (Drawing tools)
In general arrangement drawings, you can create moment connection symbols to show the beams that are connected to columns with rigid connections. The symbols are created according to part end releasesanalysis part properties that define the support conditions and describe the degrees of freedom at the end of the part
. You can create moment connection symbols automatically for all parts in a drawing viewview that includes selected model objects or an area in the model, that is represented in a drawing
A drawing view is a container for model and drawing objects.
A drawing can include several drawing views, which usually are two-dimensional views, plane views, to the model.
Examples of drawing views in Tekla Structures include main views, section views, single-part views, and 3D views.
, or for selected parts.
Limitations: Moment connection symbols are created to reference lines. This means that offsets are not used.
- Open the drawing.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Click the arrow next to Applications to open the applications list.
- Double-click Drawing tools to display the Drawing tools toolbar.
- Click Create moment connection symbols.
- In the Create moment connection symbols dialog box, select the color for the symbols from the color list.
- Enter a scale for the symbols in the box next to the color list.
- Do one of the following:
- To create moment connection symbols for all parts in a drawing view, select the view.
- To create moment connection symbols for selected parts, select the parts.
- Click Create.
The moment connection symbols are created according to analysis partanalysis model object that is a representation of a physical part in an analysis model
In different analysis models, a physical part is represented by different analysis parts.
and connection release properties:
If a connection exists, start and end release information is read from the Start releases and End releases tabs in the analysis part propertiesobject properties associated with an analysis part
Analysis part properties can be defined in the physical model or in the analysis model.
If a connection does not exist, release information is read from the End conditions tab in the user-defined attributes dialog box of the part.
The moment connection symbol that is used depends on if it points to right, left, down, or up. The symbols are retrieved by default from the xsteel.sym symbol filefile that contains symbols
The symbol file in use can be changed in the symbol files dialog box.
. If you want to use another symbol, you can modify the symbols in Symbol Editortool in Tekla Structures that is used for creating and modifying symbols to be used in drawings, reports, and templates
The symbols are saved in symbol files.
by opening the xsteel.sym symbol file and modifying the symbols 87 (right symbol), 86 (left symbol), 85 (down symbol), or 84 (symbol up) and saving the changes.