Add manual weld marks in drawings
You can add manual weld marks in an open drawing. Tekla Structures creates manual weld marks using the properties in the Weld Mark Properties dialog box.
- Hold down Shift and, on the Drawing tab, click Weld mark to open the Weld Mark Properties dialog box.
- Enter or modify the content and the appearance of the weld markmark that includes a set of selected property elements related to a weld
- To exactly place the weld mark in the position you pick and keep it there, click the Place button and select fixed in the Placing list.
- Click Apply or OK to save the properties.
- Pick a position for the weld mark.
You can drag the created drawing weld mark freely to a more suitable location by the leader base pointpoint in a model that is used to define a starting point in surveying and that is used as an anchor point in coordinate and height transformations
A Tekla Structures project can have several base points but only one of them can be the project base point.
Base points allow the use of another coordinate system needed for interoperability and collaboration. Base points can also be used in drawings, and in reports and templates. Model origin is the default base point in Tekla Structures.
Base points are also called control points.