Add surface treatment symbols in drawings
You can add surface treatmentbuilding object that represents finishing of a part
The term surface treatment is used in concrete detailing. For concrete parts surface treatment includes surface mixes, tiles, and flat finishes, such as troweling and sandblasting.
The term surface finish is used in steel detailing. For steel parts surface finishes include fire-proofing and unpainted areas.
symbols in cast unit drawings using the Add surface symbols macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
Before you start, ensure that you have an object that has surface treatment in the model, and that you have created a cast unit drawingdrawing that displays information on concrete parts, including reinforcement, cast-in embeds, edge chamfers, and insulation, in a cast unit
Cast unit drawings are generally used either at the element factory or at the construction site.
of that object. Also check in the surface treatment drawing properties that the surface treatment is set to Visible.
- Open a drawing that has a part containing surface treatment.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Click the arrow next to Applications to open the applications list.
- Double-click Add surface symbols.
- In the Create surface symbols dialog box, select the texts that you want to include in the surface treatment symbol from the Available Elements list and add the texts to the Elements in mark by clicking Add.
- Select All views to include the symbols in all drawing views, or Selected views to include the symbols only in the views you select.
- Change the font settings, if necessary.
- If you selected Selected views , select the views where you wish to have surface treatment symbols.
- Click Create.
Tekla Structures creates the surface treatment symbols according to the defined settings. You can change the symbol properties and the text afterwards in the Text properties dialog box, which is opened when you double-click the symbol.