Tekla Structures 2017 release notes
Welcome to the Tekla Structures 2017 release notes!
This version comes with a bunch of new features and many bug fixes. The key features of this new version include:
- Object IDs changed to GUIDs
- User interface improvements
- Installation and multi-user server changes
- Support for use in IPv4, IPv6 and dual mode networks
- Modeling improvements
- Model dump no longer available
- Rebar sets - A flexible new way to create reinforcement
- New tolerance settings in Rebar shape manager
- Faster synchronization and other Organizer and Task manager improvements
- Better performance and other drawing improvements
- Drawing sketching and snapping improvements
- Reference model and base point improvements
- IFC export improvements
- NC export improvements
- EliPlan improvements
- ToDo notes available in Trimble Connector
- Applications & components catalog and component improvements
- New template attributes
- New and deleted advanced options
- Tekla Structures 2017 fix list
Follow the links below for information on fixes made in each currently available service pack:
We suggest that you complete any unfinished models using your current version of Tekla Structures.
This version is not backwards compatible. When you create or save a model in Tekla Structures 2017, you cannot open it in older versions due to database differences.
Tekla Structures 2017 can only be installed on 64-bit Windows operating systems. Tekla Structures 21.1 was the last version that supports installation on 32-bit Windows.
See the hardware recommendations for more information.
To check which license server version to use with your current Tekla Structures version, see Which license server version to use.
Administrator's release notes
Advanced users should read the Tekla Structures administrator's release notes for information on how to apply the additional customizations available in this release.
Localization release notes
Environment-specific changes are explained in the Localization release notes.
Tekla Open API release notes
The Tekla Open API programming interface to Tekla Structures that uses Microsoft® .NET Framework technology
Tekla Open API enables creation of applications, macros, extensions, and plug-ins.
release notes are included in the Tekla Open API Startup Package, which you can download from Tekla Warehouse.