Set the reinforcement reference point in Rebar shape catalog
When you use Rebar shape catalog and select a shape, you can set the reference pointpoint that Tekla Structures creates when the user creates a model object, the point being visualized as a handle
The reference points follow the model object if it is moved. They are only deleted if the related model object is deleted.
Reference points can be selected as snap points in a snap switch.
to the start, middle or end of the reinforcing barreinforcement that represents a steel bar used to reinforce a concrete structure
The steel bars are usually ribbed and they are used to increase the tensile strength of concrete.
leg. When you create the reinforcement in the model, you can move the reinforcement to a new location by dragging the reference point. This is useful, for example, when the reinforcing bar legs are of certain length and you want to aim the reference point, for example, to the middle of a part edge. You can also move the reference point of circular reinforcement shapes.
- On the Concrete tab, click Rebar and select Rebar shape catalog.
The Rebar Shape Catalog dialog box opens.
- Select a reinforcement shape.
- Set the reference point to the desired location (start, middle, end) by double-clicking the position in the preview of the shape.
- If needed, modify the bar properties.
- Click OK.
- In the model, place the mouse pointer over a part face or edge.
- Based on the preview, select the desired placing and hold down the Alt key and click the left mouse button.
The reference point is displayed.
- Move the reinforcement to a new location by dragging the reference point.
- Click the Create button on the floating toolbar to create the reinforcement.Note:For circular reinforcement you can set the reference point to the center line as follows:
Place the mouse pointer over a column edge to have the reinforcement oriented correctly.
Hold down the Alt key and click the left mouse button.
Drag the reference point and hold down Shift key to snap to the center of column.
Click the Create button on the floating toolbar to create the reinforcement.