Modify a rebar set using leg faces
In addition to modifying an entire rebar set, you can make changes to any individual leg faceplane that defines where the reinforcing bar legs are created in a rebar set
Tekla Structures creates rebar set leg faces at the reinforced faces of concrete parts or pour objects, or according to the points picked when creating a rebar set.
Show the leg faces
To modify rebar sets by using leg faces, you first need to make the leg faces visible.
- Ensure that theDirect modification switch is active.
- Select a rebar set.
- On the contextual toolbarfloating toolbar that contains commands for modifying the most common object properties
The user can customize the contextual toolbar.
, clickEnable editing of leg faces.
Tekla Structures shows the leg faces.
- Move the mouse pointer over a leg face.
Tekla Structures highlights the leg face in yellow.
Modify the leg faces
You can use any of the following methods when you modify rebar set leg faces.
- To move a leg face, drag it to a new location.
The connected leg faces follow the dragged leg face. If you do not want the connected leg faces to follow, hold down Alt when dragging.
- To move an edge of a leg face, drag the edge to a new location.
The connected leg faces follow, if possible.
- To add a new corner point to a leg face, drag a midpoint handle.
- To remove a corner point from a leg face, select the point and press Delete.
- To modify a corner chamfer of a leg face, select the corner point, and then select the chamfer type and enter the chamfer dimensions on the contextual toolbar.
- To rotate a leg face, select the leg face and clickEnable leg face rotation on the contextual toolbar.
Tekla Structures shows a wheel symbol.
Drag the wheel symbol, or start typing the rotation angle. You can enter a positive or negative value in the Enter a Numeric Location dialog box.
- To add a new leg face, hold down Ctrl and drag a leg face edge.
- To remove a leg face, select it and press Delete.
- To define an additional offset between a leg face and the bars, select the leg face and enter a value for Additional offset on the contextual toolbar, for example,.
A negative value moves the bars outside the concrete.
- To flip bars over to the other side of a leg face, select the leg face and clickFlip bar side on the contextual toolbar.
Note that after flipping, Tekla Structures searches for concrete on the other side of the leg face to create a concrete cover and apply the concrete cover settings. If there is no concrete, the concrete cover thickness will be zero.
- To change the order of the bar layers at an individual leg face, select the leg face and adjust the layer order number using the arrow buttonson the contextual toolbar.
The smaller the layer order number, the closer to the concrete surface the bar layer is. You can use both positive and negative numbers.
These modifications override the layer order settings of the entire rebar set.
You can modify leg face properties also in the property panecontrol element in Tekla Structures user interface in the form of a side pane window
The property pane can be used to show and modify the properties of model objects.
The property pane can be customized by using the property pane editor.