Start sharing a model in Tekla Model Sharing
Before you can start sharing your models in Tekla Model Sharingcloud service for collaboration and for storing and sharing a model
Tekla Model Sharing is one of the Tekla Online services.
, you need to be logged in with your Trimble Identityuser account to sign in to both Trimble and Tekla products and online services
For a Tekla Structures user, Trimble Identity is a single sign-on account which enables the user’s online identity management. Trimble Identity is needed, for example, for Tekla Warehouse, Tekla User Assistance, and Tekla Campus.
in Tekla Structures. If you are not logged in, the Trimble Identity log in dialog box opens.
- Open a single-user modelmodel that is opened in single-user mode
you want to share.
- On the File menu, click Sharing > Start sharing.
The Start sharing dialog box opens.
- If needed, enter a Code and a Description for the model.
- Code can be, for example, a site number, a project number, or an accounting number.
- Add Description according to your company conventions.
- Invite other users to share your model by entering their e-mail addresses to the Invite users box and set their user role either to Editor , Owner , Project viewer , or Viewer.
You can add several users at one go. Separate the e-mail addresses with semicolons. If you add several users at one go, they all get the same user role. The role can be changed later.
- Click the Add button to add the users to the model.
- Select whether to send a notification e-mail to the invited users. Select the Send e-mail notification to user check box and write a message to the invited users, if needed.
- Click the Start button to start sharing your model.
The model is saved and written out to the sharing service.
Next time you open the model, you can open it
on the Welcome page when you open Tekla Structures. Either click the Shared models button on the All models tab, or select the shared modelmodel used for collaboration over the Tekla Model Sharing service
With a shared model, each user works with their own model and the changes are shared through Tekla Model Sharing. A shared model requires the use of a single-user model. The same model cannot be a shared model and a multi-user model.
from the list of models. Shared models have the cloud icon.
in File menu > Open.