Convert a shared model to a multi-user model in Tekla Model Sharing
If needed, you can stop working with a shared modelmodel used for collaboration over the Tekla Model Sharing service
With a shared model, each user works with their own model and the changes are shared through Tekla Model Sharing. A shared model requires the use of a single-user model. The same model cannot be a shared model and a multi-user model.
in Tekla Model Sharingcloud service for collaboration and for storing and sharing a model
Tekla Model Sharing is one of the Tekla online services.
and convert your local version of the model to a multi-user modelmodel that is used for collaboration and that is opened in multi-user mode
A model cannot be simultaneously shared and used in multi-user mode. If you want to start using multi-user modemode in which several users can work on the same model using their own working models
as a means to share your model instead of Tekla Model Sharing , you need to first exclude your local version of the model from the sharing service and then convert it to a multi-user model.
The excluded model has no connection to the original shared model in the sharing service. This means that if you exclude your local version of the model from the sharing service and start to use the model in multi-user mode, you cannot later merge the original shared model and the multi-user model.
- Exclude your local version of the shared model from the sharing service to make it a single-user modelmodel that is opened in single-user mode
- Open the shared model that you want to convert to a multi-user model.
- On the File menu, click Sharing > Exclude from sharing .
A confirmation message is displayed.
- Click Continue.
The model automatically becomes a single-user model.
Your local version of the model is disconnected from the sharing service, and you cannot write out or read in changes anymore. However, the model instance still exists in the sharing service and other users can continue working with the model normally.
- Convert the current single-user model to a multi-user model:
- On the File menu, click Sharing > Convert to multi-user model.
- Enter the multi-user server name or select the name from the list in the Convert dialog box.
- Click Convert to multi-user model.
The current modelmodel that is active in Tekla Structures
The current model can be a single-user model, a shared model or a working model.
is converted to a multi-user model and you can start using the model in multi-user mode.