Group object properties in Organizer
You can sort the objects shown in Object Browser by grouping the objects based on their properties. You can group object propertiesproperties associated with an object type
Usually a single object property includes a default value that the user can modify.
both in Object Browser and in Settings. The grouping you define in Settings is used in a property templatedefinition of object property layout for the property table in object browser
The property template is saved in an .xml file or in the Organizer database.
when you save the template.
- To open Organizer , click Manage on the ribbon and then click Organizer.
- Select objects in the model or select a category to view the objects in Object Browser.
- Clickand select Group.
- Drag one or more property columns to the grouping row.
The objects are grouped according to the order of properties in the grouping row, from left to right.
In Settings the grouping row is always available.
When you group object properties in Settings , the grouping is simultaneously shown in Object Browser if the grouping row is visible.
In the example below, the first grouping level is Name , the second level is Material , and the third level is Profile.
- Do any of the following:
- Drag the object properties in the grouping row to change the grouping order.
- Click an object propertysingle characteristic associated with an object type
For example, profile and material are object properties.
in the grouping row to change the sorting direction.
- Click Remove grouping to remove an object property from the grouping row.
You can also drag the object property back to the column headings row. When you drag the property, it is placed to the location where you drag it to.
- Click Modify to include the grouping to the template.
- To permanently save the grouping to the template, save the Tekla Structures model.
When you have grouped objects in Object Browser , you can create a pie chart to view the ratio of the number of the objects included in the groups. Press Alt + F12 to create the pie chart. You can copy the pie chart to any document by using the Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V copy commands.