Create NC files in DSTV format
Tekla Structures produces NC files in DSTV format. You can select the information to be included in NC files and NC filefile that contains information gathered from a model and exported to computer numerical controlled fabrication machinery
Tekla Structures produces NC files in several formats, for example, DSTV.
headers, and define the desired pop-mark and contour mark settings. You can also produce MIS (Manufacturing Information System) list files according to the DSTV standard.
By default, Tekla Structures creates the NC files in the current modelmodel that is active in Tekla Structures
The current model can be a single-user model, a shared model or a working model.
folder. In most cases each part has its own NC file.
The DSTV standard does not support curved beams, and therefore Tekla Structures does not create NC files for curved beams. Use polybeams instead of curved beams.
DSTV for bent plates does not support KA block.
- On the File menu, click Export > NC files .
- If you have some predefined settings that you want to use, select the settings from the settings file list at the top and click Load.
- In the NC Files dialog box, select the check box in the Create column next to DSTV for plates and/or DSTV for profiles.
- To modify the NC file settings , select an NC file settings row, and click Edit.
If you want to add new NC file settings, click Add. This will add a new row in the NC file settings list, and the NC File Settings dialog box is displayed, where you can give the settings a new name.
- In the NC File Settings dialog box, modify the settings on the Files and part selection , Holes and cuts , Hard stamp and Advanced Options tabs.
You can select to create only DSTV files, MIS files, both, or DSTV files embedded in MIS files.
Hard stamps can be created for both the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
and the secondary parts. By default, Tekla Structures creates hard stamps only for the main part. Set the advanced option XS_SECONDARY_PART_HARDSTAMP to TRUE to also create hard stamps for secondary parts.
- You can enter a unique name for the settings using Save as. Tekla Structures saves the settings in the ..\attributes folder under the current model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
- Click OK to save your NC file settings and to close the NC File Settings dialog box.
- To select the information to be included in the NC file header , click Header , modify the information, and click OK.
- To modify the pop-mark settings , click Pop-marks , modify the settings and click OK.
- To modify the contour marking settings , click Contour marking , modify the settings and click OK.
- To save the settings that you have modified with another name for later use, click enter a new name next to Save as and click Save as.
- In the NC Files dialog box, use the All parts or Selected parts options to select whether to create the NC files for all parts or only for the selected parts.
If you use the Selected parts option, you need to select the parts in the model.
- Click Create.
Tekla Structures creates .nc1 files for the parts using the defined NC file settings. By default, the NC files are created in the current model folder. The filename consists of a position numberidentifier that is assigned to all similar parts, assemblies, cast units, or reinforcement
Position number consists of a prefix, separator, and running number. The prefix is part of the position number, identifying a numbering series. The running number is part of the position number, and is the assigned number in the numbering series, based on the start number. The separator is an optional character, such as a slash, that separates the prefix and the running number.
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
In the US, the term piece mark or ship mark is used to refer to a position number.
and the extension .nc1.
- Click Show NC log to create and show the log filefile that contains information related to changes, actions, and errors in the model or drawing
Tekla Structures writes information in log files when the model is saved, numbered or checked for clashes, for example.
dstv_nc.log that lists the exported parts and the parts that were not exported.
If all expected parts are not exported, check that the parts which were not exported pass all the profile type, size, holesmall hollow open throughout a part or assembly that is usually used for fastening parts with bolts or other such objects
Hole is created in the same way as bolts and hole properties are defined in the bolt properties.
and other limits set in the NC file settings.
For more information on contour markinginformation written in an NC file that passes information to the NC machine on the layout and the parts that are welded or bolted together
Tekla Structures contour marking does not work on polybeams.
, see the support article How to create contour marking for steel beams.