Import layout data to Layout Manager
You can use Layout Manager to import layout data to your model from a layout device to verify the as-built conditions.
You have two options when importing:
- Copy the file that contains the layout data from the layout device to your computer and import the file later to Layout Manager.
- Import the file directly to Layout Manager. You can do this if you connect the layout device to your computer using a USB or a Bluetooth connection.
- On the Manage tab, click Layout manager.
- On the View tab, click Workplane to set the work planeplane that the user has chosen in a model and that is currently active for working on in a model view
Newly created, copied, or moved model objects comply with the work plane. For example, shifting the work plane to follow a sloped plane makes it easier to model sloped structures.
to the model originglobal coordinate system point of origin used for the model
Model origin is the default project base point.
or to the location you want to use as the origin when importing points and lines.
- In Layout Manager , click Import
- Select an import option:
Import point file (.txt) to import layout points.
Point files ( .txt ) are always imported to the Design Points tab, regardless of whether they have been measured on the site or not.
Import job file (.cnx) to import all layout data in a Trimble® LM80 job file.
Job files ( .cnx ) are imported to the Measured Points tab.
Import Field Link file (.tfl) to import all layout data in a field link file.
Field link files ( .tfl ) import both design points that have been exported from Tekla Structures originally and measured points that have been measured on the site. In the import dialog box, a design point is flagged if the point name and, therefore, the point already exists. We recommend that you do not import an existing design point. Clear the check box next to the flag to exclude an existing point from the import.
- Click Select to select the file to import.
- Click Load to show the file contents.
- If needed, define the point file columns in the Text File Import - Column Headers Mapping dialog box.
- Define the import location in your model using the Insert coordinate system options.
You can either select the Insert to default coordinate system option or define the location. To define the location:
Click the Pick button next to the Location box and pick the origin in the model.
Click the Pick button next to the Axis X box and set the x direction in the model.
Click the Pick button next to the Axis Y box and set the y direction in the model.
- Select the group to which the layout data is imported.
If you do not select any existing group or create a new group, the layout points are imported using their existing Trimble layer categories.
- Click OK.
Design points are layout points that have been created in the Tekla Structures model. Measured points are layout points that have been measured on the construction site.