Define the drawing scale in Layout Manager
You can include a drawing when exporting all layout data in a job file or a field link file from Layout Manager. The drawing is exported in the .dxf or .dwg format. To ensure that the drawing is exported correctly, you need to define the drawing scale.
- Create a general arrangement (GA) drawing of your model.
We recommend that you make the drawing as simple as possible, include only parts and grids, to show the drawing correctly in a layout device. You can, for example, create a drawing template to be used in Layout Manager export.
- Open the drawing.
- Double-click the drawing view framesolid frame around all the contents of a drawing view
Drawing view frame can be used when modifying properties of a single drawing view. Drawing views can be dragged using the drawing view frame.
to open View Properties.
- Copy the drawing scale.
- On the Manage tab, click Layout manager.
- Click Drawing Scale Calculator.
- Paste the drawing scale in the Scale Denominator box.
- Click Calculate.
The drawing scale is shown in the Scale box.
- Copy the drawing scale from the Scale box and close the Drawing Scale Calculator dialog box.
- On the File menu, click Export drawings.
- Define the export file name on the Export file tab.
- Go to the Options tab.
- Paste the copied drawing scale in the Drawing scale box.
- Click Export.
You can now export the job file or the field link file and the drawing from Layout Manager.