Define a local coordinate system for a group in Layout Manager
You can define a local coordinate systemcoordinate system that reflects the current work plane or drawing view plane
The local coordinate system is represented in a model by a symbol with three axes (x, y, and z). This symbol indicates the direction of the model. It is located in the lower right corner of the model view.
In a drawing, the local coordinate system symbol has two axes.
for each group in Layout Manager. Local coordinate systems may be relative to a municipal monument or to the local project site datum. In many cases, models may already be properly placed so that no local coordinate system needs to be defined.
- On the Manage tab, click Layout manager.
- Select a group.
- Define the coordinates using the Group local coordinate system options:
- Click the Pick button next to the Location box and pick the origin in the model.
- Click the Pick button next to the Axis X box and set the x direction in the model.
- Click the Pick button next to the Axis Y box and set the y direction in the model.
- Click Set.
You can set the work planeplane that the user has chosen in a model and that is currently active for working on in a model view
Newly created, copied, or moved model objects comply with the work plane. For example, shifting the work plane to follow a sloped plane makes it easier to model sloped structures.
using a suitable Workplane command on the View tab. When you have set the work plane, select a group in Layout Manager. Click the Pick button next to the Use current work plane option under Group local coordinate system and click Set.