Create a layout line
Use the Layout Line tool in the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
to create layout lines. Layout lines are created between layout points.
Before you start, ensure that the Select components selection switchswitch used for controlling which object types can be selected
is activated. Create layout points in your model.
- Double-click the Layout Line tool in the list of components in the Applications & components catalog.
- Define the properties of the layout line:
- Enter a name and a description for the layout line.
- Enter the diameter of the layout line in the Size box.
Layout Manager uses the XS_IMPERIAL advanced option to determine the units. Set XS_IMPERIAL to TRUE to show imperial units.
- Select a color for the layout line.
- Select a group from the list or create a new group by entering a name.
- Pick the first layout pointpoint that can be exported to a layout device
Layout point can be a reference point.
- Pick the second layout point.
The start point and the end point cannot be in the same location.
The layout line is created.
- On the Manage tab, click Layout manager.
- Click Refresh to show the added line.
You can also add a layout line to a group in Layout Manager. First select a group, then select the line in the model. Right-click the group and select Add Selected from the pop-up menu. Click Refresh to show the line.