Re-order sketch objects in drawings
In drawings, you may want to indicate positions of openings, windows, doors and such by sketch objects. You can change the mutual order of sketch objects (graphical objects), and the mutual order of sketch objects and model objects. You can bring sketch objects forward or in front of other sketch objects, or send them backward or behind other sketch objects,. You can also send sketch objects behind model objects or bring them in front of model objects. You can also re-order DWGs and images in the same way.
If you have several sketch objects (objects on several layers), the drawing order affects on which layer the forward and backward commands place the objects.
Newly created sketch objects are placed on their own layer in the drawing order: newer ones on top of the older ones.
- Right-click a sketch object, DWG or an image and click Re-order.
- Select one of the following commands:
- Send backward : Moves the selected object one step closer to the back of all other sketch objects.
- Send to back : Places the selected object behind all other sketch objects.
- Bring forward : Moves the selected object one step closer to the front of all other sketch objects.
- Bring to front : Places the selected object in front all other sketch objects.
- Send behind model objects : Places the object behind all model objects. You can also set this option in the sketch object propertiesproperties associated with an object type
Usually a single object property includes a default value that the user can modify.
dialog box ( Behind model objects > Yes ).
- Bring in front of model objects : Places the object in front of all model objects. You can also set this option in the sketch object properties dialog box ( Behind model objects > No ).
- Sketch objects that are placed behind model objects, cannot be rearranged together with sketch objects that are placed in front of the model objects.
- You cannot change the mutual order of model objects.