Modify building object properties
You can modify the drawing properties of the building objects (parts, bolts, reinforcement, surface treatmentbuilding object that represents finishing of a part
The term surface treatment is used in concrete detailing. For concrete parts surface treatment includes surface mixes, tiles, and flat finishes, such as troweling and sandblasting.
The term surface finish is used in steel detailing. For steel parts surface finishes include fire-proofing and unpainted areas.
, welds, pour breaks, pour objects, reinforcement) in an open drawing. For example, you can change the color and how different kinds of lines are shown, or use fills in parts and cross sections.
Limitations : The color of the center lines can be changed only on the drawing and view level, not on the object level. For center lines, you can only adjust the color in the properties dialog box, not the type. You can adjust the line type of part center lines with the advanced option XS_CENTER_LINE_TYPE.
To modify the properties of a building objectobject that represents something that will exist in the real building or be closely related to it
A building object is always created in a model, but it is also represented as a drawing object in a drawing in which its properties can be modified.
in a drawing:
- Double-click a building object, for example a part, reinforcement, surface treatment, or bolt.
- Switch all the check boxes off in the dialog box by clicking the on/off switchat the bottom of the dialog box.
- Select the check boxes of only those properties that you want to modify.
- On the Contents tab, select the part representationthe way that the information included in a model is represented visually
, whether to show hidden lines, center lines and reference lines, and which additional markings to show.
- On the Appearance tab, select the color and type of the lines.
It is easier to adjust the center line color, if you hide the hidden lines on the Contents tab first.
- On the Fill tab, set the part and section fill options and add hatches.
- Click Modify.