Merge reinforcement marks automatically
You can merge reinforcement marks automatically to reduce the number of marks in the drawing.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties and select the drawing type. You can merge reinforcement marks in cast unit drawings and general arrangement drawings.
- Load drawing properties that are as close to the ones you need as possible.
- Cast unit drawings: Click View creation , select the view and the properties that you want to change, and click View properties.
- Click Reinforcement mark.
- Go to the Merging tab of the reinforcement marks dialog box.
- Select an option from the Identical marks in same cast unit list to merge marks and create leader lines:
One leader line per row : Merges the marks and creates one leader lineline that connects an annotation object to the related object or point
for a row of reinforcing bars.
Parallel leader lines : Merges the marks and creates parallel leader lines.
Leader lines to one point : Merges the marks and draws all leader lines to one point.
No merge : Marks are not merged, an individual leader line is created for each mark.
If you select No merge , you still need to define the mark content for the marks that Tekla Structures automatically merges on the Merging tab
- If there are several possible merge directions, select the horizontal or vertical from Preferred direction of merge.
- Select the contents to be included in the merged reinforcement marks from the Available elements list.
To ensure that merged reinforcement marks appear in the drawing, always include Symbol separating blocks in mark as the last element in the reinforcement markmark that includes a set of selected property elements related to a reinforcement
. To omit the separating symbol, leave this box blank, but still include the element in the mark.
- If needed, add a frame around the single elements in the mark. You can define the frame individually for each element.
- Adjust the font, font height and the color of the mark text. You can adjust these settings individually for each element.
- Cast unit drawings: Click Save to save the changes in view properties and Close to return to drawing properties.
General arrangement drawings: Click OK.
- Click Save to save the drawing properties, then click OK and create the drawing.
In this example, three A φ12 L2000 marks are merged to a block, and six V φ8 L650 marks to another block, and then these blocks are merged in the following way:
- Single mark content
- Symbol separating the blocks
- Block prefix
- Distance between groups
- Block 1
- Block 2