Add frames and fold marks in printouts
You can add frames around printed drawings, and fold marks to indicate folds. You can select a color for the frames and fold marks
The instructions below apply when you are printing using Printer Catalog printer instances, which means that you have set the advanced option XS_USE_OLD_PLOT_DIALOG to TRUE in File menu > Settings > Advanced options > Printing. If this advanced option is set to FALSE , you are using the newer printing functionality, where you cannot set the frames and fold marks through the Print Drawings dialog box.
Drawing frames to be printed are controlled in the standard.fms file under the system folderfolder that is used for storing files that define default settings
. There is no saving option in the Drawing Frame Properties dialog box, which is why the default values are located in a standard fileproperty file that Tekla Structures uses by default
Standard files are used, for example, for loading frequently used values into the property pane or a dialog box.
Standard file name is standard.* where the symbol * is the file name extension. For example, standard.clm file is used for column properties.
- On the File menu, click Printing > Print drawings.
- In the Print Drawings dialog box, click Frames.
- In the Drawing Frame Properties dialog box, select the check boxes of the frames you want to print.
- In Margins , enter in millimeters the distance between each frame and the left, right, bottom, and top edge of the paper.
- Select a color for each frame.
- To print the foldmarks, select the Foldmarks check box.
- Enter in millimeters the horizontal and vertical distances of the first foldmarks from the lower right corner of the outer frame, and between the other fold mark.
- Select a color for the fold marks.
- Click OK.
Below is an example of the properties dialog box contents and the standard file.
There is a fixed distance value of 5 mm in drawing frame margins. Thus, if you want to use a drawing frame margin with a drawing title that sticks to the frame corner, you need to change not only the drawing frame margin in the Drawing Frame properties dialog box, but also the Vector between corners in the Tables dialog box ( Drawings & reports tab > Drawing properties > Drawing layout > Table layouts > Tables ).