Create a reinforcing bar group using Rebar shape catalog
A reinforcing bar groupgroup of reinforcing bars that are side by side and have identical properties, except the possible variation in bar lengths
includes several identical, or very similar, reinforcing bars. You can create a reinforcing bar group by selecting a predefined reinforcement shape from Rebar shape catalog. The predefined shapes in Rebar shape catalog are based on the shapes that have been defined in Rebar shape manager and saved in the RebarShapeRules.xml file.
Rebar shape catalog does not work with tapered reinforcing bar groups.
If you do not want to use the predefined shapes but want to manually define the bar shape, use the Bar group command instead.
- On the Concrete tab, click Rebar and select Rebar shape catalog.
The Rebar Shape Catalog dialog box opens.
- Select one of the predefined shapes from the tree view on the left.
You can add frequently used shapes to the tree view , or delete the shapes that you do not need.
If you select an existing reinforcement in the model and click the Get button, the properties of that reinforcement are displayed in the Rebar Shape Catalog dialog box.
- If needed, modify the bar properties.
Length of leg can be entered with or without parenthesis.
With parenthesis: the leg length is calculated automatically according to the object dimensions.
Without parenthesis: the exact value of the leg length is used.
The hook properties are visible only if you have set the advanced option XS_REBAR_RECOGNITION_HOOKS_CONSIDERATION to FALSE in File menu > Settings > Advanced Options > Concrete Detailing.
For circular, polygonal and spiral reinforcement you can enter Diameter and Overlap distance instead of Length of leg.
- If needed, set the reference point of the reinforcement to start, middle, or end by double-clicking the different legs or hooks in the preview of the shape.
- Click OK.
- In the model, place the mouse pointer over a part face or edge.
A preview showing the placing and dimensions of the reinforcement is displayed.
- Based on the preview, select a placing for the reinforcing bar group and click the left mouse button.
Tekla Structures creates the reinforcement.
- If you want to modify the reinforcement, do one of the following: