Components are tools that you can use to connect parts in the model. Components automate tasks and group objects so that Tekla Structures treats them as a single unit. You can save the properties of a component and use them in other projects.
Components adapt to changes in the model, which means that Tekla Structures automatically modifies a component if you modify the parts it connects. When you copy or move objects, Tekla Structures automatically copies or moves all the associated components with the objects.
All components are stored in the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
. Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components catalog.
Tekla Structures contains a wide range of predefined system components by default. There are three types of system components:
- Connection components connect two or more parts, and create all the required objects such as cuts, fittings, parts, bolts, and welds.
For example, end plates, clip angles, and bolted gussets are connections.
In the Applications & components catalog, the connection symbol is.
- Detail components add a detail or a reinforcement to the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
. A detail is only connected to one part.
For example, stiffeners, base plates, and lifting hooks are steel details, and beam reinforcement and pad footingfooting that supports a single point of contact
Pad footing usually supports one column.
reinforcement are concrete details.
In the Applications & components catalog, the detail symbol is.
- Detailing components automatically create and assemble the parts to build a structure, but do not connect the structure to existing parts.
For example, stairs, frames, and towers are detailing components.
In the Applications & components catalog, the detailing symbol is.
You can also create your own components, custom components if you do not find a system componentcomponent that is included in a Tekla Structures configuration and whose component objects and composition the user can modify within the limits of the component properties
that suits your needs. You can use custom components in the same way as system components.