Example: Create a custom end plate component
In this example, you will create a simple custom componentcomponent that the user creates and uses for creating model objects whose composition the user can modify as a group
based on an existing end platecomponent object that represents a plate welded perpendicular to the end of the component secondary part
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Click the Access advanced features button and select Explode component.
- Select the end plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
component in the model.
Tekla Structures separates the objects in the component.
- Click the Access advanced features button and select Define custom component.
- In the Type list, select Connection.
- In the Name box, enter a unique name for the custom component.
- Click Next.
- Select the objects you want to use in the custom component, and then click Next.
You can use area selectionmethod of selecting objects that are included in a certain rectangular area of a model
In addition to the selected area, selection switches and selection filters control which object types are selected.
(left to right) to select the objects. Tekla Structures ignores the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
and secondary parts and the grids when you are selecting objects to include in the custom component.
- Select the column as the main part, and then click Next.
The main part supports the secondary part(1) part that exists in a building object and that is connected to the main part
(1) Secondary part can be an assembly secondary part or a cast unit secondary part.
(2) input part that the user selects after selecting the component main part when creating a component
(2) A component can have none, one or more component secondary parts.
- Select the beam as the secondary part.
The secondary part is supported by the main part.Note:
When you select multiple secondary parts, pay attention to the order of selection. The custom component will use the same selection order when you add the component in a model. The maximum number of secondary parts in a custom component is 30.
- Click Finish.
Tekla Structures displays a component symbolsymbol in a model that indicates a component type, functions as a link to component properties, and can be used to control component objects
Component symbol of a connection or a detail also indicates the status of the connection or the detail using colors.
for the new component.
You have now defined a simple custom component, which you can use in locations similar to where it was originally created. This component is not intelligent and Tekla Structures does not adjust dimensions to suit any changes in the model. To make the custom component intelligent, you need to modify it in the custom component editortool that is used for modifying component that is created by a custom component, and for creating dependencies between component objects and other model objects