Create a thumbnail image of a custom component
Create a thumbnail image for each custom componentcomponent that the user creates and uses for creating model objects whose composition the user can modify as a group
to make it easier to find a suitable component when modeling.
- In the model, select the custom component.
- Right-click and select Edit Custom Component.
- Adjust the view and hide unnecessary objects to have a clear view of the custom component.
- Take a screenshot of the custom component.
- On the View tab, click Screenshot > Screenshot to open the Screenshot dialog box.
- Click Pick view and select the view you want to take a screenshot of.
- Click Options to open the Screenshot Options dialog box.
- Select Print to file.
- Select White background and click OK.
- In the Screenshot dialog box, click Capture.
- Click Close to close the dialog box.
- On the File menu, click Open the model folder.
- Browse to the screenshots folder under the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
- Open the screenshot file in a graphics editor.
- Crop the image, if needed.
- Save the thumbnail image in the screenshots folder under the model folder.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Right-click the custom component and select Thumbnails.
The Thumbnails dialog box opens.
- Click Add thumbnail.
- Browse to the screenshots folder under the model folder.
- Select the thumbnail image and click Open.
- In the Thumbnails dialog box, select the check box next to the image you want to use and clear the other check boxes.
- Click Close.
Tekla Structures shows the thumbnail image in the Applications & components catalog: