The Albion Diagonal Ties macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
allows the placing of one or two diagonal tie wire or angle between any two or three selected bolts.
Before and after
|Two bolts selected|
|Three bolts selected|
- It is important to realise that any modification of the parts to which this macro applies is likely to cause incorrect results in the model. This is because the items created by a macro are not redefined when changes are made to the previously selected members. If the diagonal tie bracket is placed using the Below option then suitable modifications will be made to the lengths of the side rail support or anti-sag bar. These will not revert back to their original state if the diagonal tie is subsequently deleted and so they should be reapplied again after the removal of a diagonal tie.
- To reduce unnecessary parts in the models/clarity the end brackets are not modelled.
- When three bolts are selected, the middle bolt must be to the lower cleat on the restraint. A pair of diagonal ties will be positioned between the bolts, fitted under the end cleat and the strut will be shortened accordingly. If two bolts are selected then the tie will be connected on top of the end cleat. The holes will normally be:
- The purlin / rail cleat bolt nearest the rafter / stanchion (or the inside bolt in the anti-sag / side rail support cleat) for the top of the tie
- Either bolt in the anti-sag / side rail support cleat for the bottom of the tie
- The Albion diagonal tie is designed to cater for angles between 20 degrees and 60 degrees but the macro will allow the tie to be placed for angles between 18 degrees and 62 degrees.
Selection order example
- Bolt (if required)
- Click middle mouse button