Add automatic view-specific dimensions using dimensioning type Integrated
In the Dimensioning dialog box, you can control what gets dimensioned and how in a drawing. You can experiment with different combinations of options to achieve different kinds of dimensioning effects.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties and select the drawing type.
- Load drawing properties that are as close to the ones you need as possible.
- Click View creation , select the view and the properties that you want to change, and click View properties.
- Click Dimensioning.
- Select Integrated as the dimensioning type, select dimensioning rule properties and click Edit Rule.
- Select the dimensions to create and adjust the related settings.
The available tabs and settings depend on the drawing type:
On the Part dimensions tab, select the part dimensions to create and adjust the related settings.
On the General tab, adjust settings related to minimizing the number of views, dimension type, combining dimensions, closing dimensions, limit for dimensioning asymmetry in secondary parts, forward offset, gridmodeling aid that represents a three-dimensional complex of horizontal and vertical planes
In Tekla Structures, grids are used as an aid in locating objects in a model. The grid is shown on the view plane by dash-and-dot lines. It is also possible to show grids and grid line labels in drawings, and to modify grid properties in the drawings.
It is possible to have more than one grid in a model. For example, a large-scale grid for the entire structure, and smaller grids for some detailed sections.
dimensions, dimension position, and part marks on dimension lineline that visualizes the distance between the defined dimension points
Separate dimensions can be combined into a longer dimension line.
On the Position dimensions tab select the position dimensions to create. They indicate the position of parts in relation to the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
or to work points.
On the Bolt dimensions tab, select the bolt dimensions to create, combine bolt dimensions and select the side for the dimension.
On the Dimension grouping tab, group dimensions and adjust the related settings.
On the Sub-assembly tab, create dimensions for parts in sub-assemblies and adjust the related settings.
On the Reinforcement dimensions tab, create dimensions for reinforcing barreinforcement that represents a steel bar used to reinforce a concrete structure
The steel bars are usually ribbed and they are used to increase the tensile strength of concrete.
groups in cast unit drawings, add dimension marks and adjust the related settings.
- Save the dimensioning settings by clicking Save and close the dialog box by clicking Close.
- Save the view properties by clicking Save and return to the drawing properties dialog box by clicking Close.
- Click Save to save the drawing properties, then click OK and create the drawing.