Edit project properties
You will need project information, such as project number and name, many times during a project. Update the project properties at the beginning of each project to make reports and drawings display the correct information automatically. All of the fields are optional.
- On the File menu, click Project properties.
- In the Description box, enter a description that helps you identify the model when you next need to open it.
The description appears in the Open dialog box when you open a model.
- Edit the other project properties.
- To define project-specific user-defined attributes, click User-defined attributes.
By default, you can define:
Execution classpart property that groups parts according to identifiers given by the user
The identifiers of classes are usually numbers. Classes can be used for defining the color of parts in the model, for example. Class does not influence the numbering of model objects.
IFCfile format commonly used in BIM that facilitates software interoperability
IFC is an open specification developed by the IAI (International Alliance for Interoperability).
Model can be exported into an IFC file.
Unitechnic factory location
The availability of user-defined attributes depends on your environment.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Now you will get updated project properties in drawings and reports.
- If you want to save these properties as the default properties for this project:
- Go to Quick Launch.
- Start typing save defaults.
- Select the Save Defaults command from the list.
For more information on saving default properties, see Standard files.
Displaying project information in templates and reports
The fields in the image below refer to template attributes, which you can use when designing your own reports and templates. To display project information, add the corresponding template attributes in the templates and reports.