Drawing mode in Tekla Structures
When you open a drawing, Tekla Structures activates the drawing modemode that is used for editing the appearance and content of drawings
Tekla Structures switches to the drawing mode when the user opens any drawing.
. The ribbon and tabs for the modeling modemode that is used for creating and analyzing a model, and initiating the creation of a drawing and a report
Custom component editor and sketch editor can be accessed in modeling mode.
are replaced by those of the drawing mode. The model views remain on the screen on the background.
The following image identifies the locations of the controls in the a drawings window:
- The File menu only contains buttons available in drawings.
- The ribbon and the tabs mostly contain commands available in drawings, some buttons are common with modeling mode.
- Quick Launch for searching drawing-related commands.
- The side pane gives access to macros and other applications that are available in drawings in the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
. The 2D Library for drawings is also located in the side pane.
- With select switches you can scale down the amount of selectable objects.
- Snap settings control which points you can snap to and pick.