Add tags to dimensions
You can add dimension tags with the desired elements to single and combined dimensions in an open drawing. In addition to elements, you can include part count, or select a filter that removes the desired default content from the tag.
Rotation is not available for the middle dimension tags.
The dimension tags are automatically updated according to model changes, when you update the drawing. If you want to disable the automatic update, you can freezeto prevent Tekla Structures from updating annotation objects and certain drawing view properties in a drawing when it updates the drawing as the model changes
When a drawing is frozen, only part geometry is updated when the model changes.
the drawing or set the advanced option XS_INTELLIGENT_DRAWING_ALLOWED to FALSE. This advanced option affects all drawings.
To add tags to dimensions:
- Double-click the dimension.
- Go to the Tags tab and select the locations where you want to add dimension tags.
You can add dimension tags above and below the dimension lineline that visualizes the distance between the defined dimension points
Separate dimensions can be combined into a longer dimension line.
to the left and right end of the line, to the dimension line ends, and in the middle of the dimension line below the line.
- Click the ... buttons to go to the Tag Mark Properties dialog box.
You can also enter text directly in the A - G boxes.
- Select the tag rotation. Each tag has an independent rotation setting, so you can rotate some tags and leave others unrotated.
Parallel to dimension line does not rotate the tag. This is the default value.
Perpendicular to dimension line rotates the tag.
- Include the elements that you want in the dimension tagpart of a dimension that displays additional information about the building object
The available elements are the same as those of the part, bolt, reinforcement and surface treatmentbuilding object that represents finishing of a part
The term surface treatment is used in concrete detailing. For concrete parts surface treatment includes surface mixes, tiles, and flat finishes, such as troweling and sandblasting.
The term surface finish is used in steel detailing. For steel parts surface finishes include fire-proofing and unpainted areas.
- Select the element frame type and color and the text color, font, and height.
- Click OK.
- If you want to show the part count in the tag, set Include part count in the tag to Yes.
- Use Exclude parts according to filter and select a predefined filter to remove some of the automatically created tag content.
In addition to the user-selectable elements, some of the dimension tag content is automatically created based on the dimension end point locations. If you want to exclude unnecessary tag content for parts that are located in the same location as the dimensioning point, create suitable drawing viewview that includes selected model objects or an area in the model, that is represented in a drawing
A drawing view is a container for model and drawing objects.
A drawing can include several drawing views, which usually are two-dimensional views, plane views, to the model.
Examples of drawing views in Tekla Structures include main views, section views, single-part views, and 3D views.
- If you are adding tags to curved dimensions, you can select the tag type in Curved dimension tag type.
- Click Modify.
Below is an example of dimension tags:
Below is an example of an unrotated and a rotated dimension tag: