Add predefined reinforcement dimensions
You can add dimensions to reinforcing barreinforcement that represents a steel bar used to reinforce a concrete structure
The steel bars are usually ribbed and they are used to increase the tensile strength of concrete.
groups in an open cast unit drawingdrawing that displays information on concrete parts, including reinforcement, cast-in embeds, edge chamfers, and insulation, in a cast unit
Cast unit drawings are generally used either at the element factory or at the construction site.
Each reinforcing bar groupgroup of reinforcing bars that are side by side and have identical properties, except the possible variation in bar lengths
with identical spacing has a mark and dimension lineline that visualizes the distance between the defined dimension points
Separate dimensions can be combined into a longer dimension line.
. You can define the contents of the dimension marks and tagged dimension marks case by case or use predefined dimension property files.
To add reinforcement dimensions using predefined dimension property files:
- In an open drawing, go to the Drawing tab and click Properties > Dimension.
- Modify the dimension properties:
For dimension marks, adjust the type, format, and appearance of the dimension and the contents of the dimension markpart of a dimension that displays the basic information about the building object measurements
A dimension mark can consist of a prefix, numerical value, and postfix.
If you want to have dimension tags in your dimension, select where to add dimension tags and adjust the contents of the tags on the Tags tab.
- Save the modified dimension properties by entering a name in the Save as box and clicking Save as.
Save separate files for dimension marks and tagged dimension marks.
- On the File menu, click Settings > Options and go to the Drawing dimensions settings.
- Under Add mark to reinforcement , select the property files you just saved in the Dimension Mark settings and Tagged Dimension Mark settings lists.
- Click OK in the Options dialog box.
- Go back to the drawing, right-click the reinforcing bar group and select Add Mark > Dimension Mark or Tagged Dimension Mark from the pop-up menu.
Below is an example of a reinforcement dimension with dimension marks.
Below is an example of a reinforcement dimension that contains dimension marks and a dimension tagpart of a dimension that displays additional information about the building object