Add an Adobe postscript printer instance
To print to a .pdf file, you need to add a Adobe postscript printer instance in Printer Catalog. This applies to printing when the advanced option XS_USE_OLD_PLOT_DIALOG is set to TRUE.
The instructions below apply when you are printing using Printer Catalog printer instances, which means that you have set the advanced option XS_USE_OLD_PLOT_DIALOG to TRUE in File menu > Settings > Advanced options > Printing.
- On the File menu, click Printing > Printer catalog.
- In Printer Catalog , click Add.
- Enter a new printer instance name followed immediately (no spaces) by @ and the folder where Adobe Distiller should look for files. For example, A4_PDF@c:\plots\pdf\in\.
- Click Add.
- Click Browse to access the Select Printer dialog box. Click the Adobe postscript printer driver and then OK.
- Set Paper size to By print area.
- Enter the print area in Print area h*b (height and width).
- Enter the file name extension ps.
- Select Black/white , Gray Scale or Color as the color.
- Click Color table to change the pen sizes of different colors, if needed.
- Click Update.
- Click OK.
- Confirm that you want to save the changes to the model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.