Import and export custom components
You can import and export custom components as .uel files between models.
You can share your custom components in Tekla Warehouse , and also download custom components made by other users.
Import custom components
You can import previously made custom components to another model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Click the Access advanced features button , and then select Import.
- Browse for the folder that contains the export file.
- Select the export file.
- Click Open to import the custom components.Tip:
You can import custom components to a new model automatically by using the XS_UEL_IMPORT_FOLDER advanced option. Export all custom components to certain folders and enter these folders as the value for the XS_UEL_IMPORT_FOLDER advanced option to easily import the custom components to new models.
Export custom components
You can export custom components in an .uel file. Do not change the file name after exporting the custom components.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components catalog.
- In the catalog, select the custom components you want to export.
- Right-click the selection, and then select Publish.
- Browse for the folder where you want to save the file.
- Enter a name for the export file.
By default, the file name extension is .uel.
- Click Save to export the custom components.Tip:
If you want to export custom components as separate files, select the custom components in the Applications & components catalog, right-click, and then select Publish separately.