Steel component example: Add an end plate using the End plate (144) connection
In this example, you will connect a beam to a column using an end platecomponent object that represents a plate welded perpendicular to the end of the component secondary part
connection. End plate (144) connects two beams, or a beam to a column, using a bolted end plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Type 144 in the search box.
- Double-click End plate (144) to open the component properties.
- Click Apply to add the component using the default properties.
- Select the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
- Select the secondary part(1) part that exists in a building object and that is connected to the main part
(1) Secondary part can be an assembly secondary part or a cast unit secondary part.
(2) input part that the user selects after selecting the component main part when creating a component
(2) A component can have none, one or more component secondary parts.
Tekla Structures automatically adds the connection when you select the beam.