Steel component example: Add a base plate and anchor rods using the Base plate (1004) detail
In this example, you will add a base platecomponent object that represents a plate welded to a column base
Base plates are used to distribute the concentrated load of the column over a wider area.
detail and anchor rods to a column.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Enter base plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
in the search box.
To view the thumbnail images of the components in the search results click.
- Select Base plate (1004).
- Select the column.
- Pick a position at the base of the column.
Tekla Structures automatically adds the base plate when you pick the position.
- Next, modify the anchor rod dimensions.
- Switch on the Select components switch to more easily select components.
- Double-click the component symbolsymbol in a model that indicates a component type, functions as a link to component properties, and can be used to control component objects
Component symbol of a connection or a detail also indicates the status of the connection or the detail using colors.
in the model to open the Base plate (1004) component dialog box.
- Go to the Anchor rods tab.
- Change the dimensions of the anchor rods.
- To change only this base plate, select ignore other types from the list in the top part of the dialog box.
- Click Modify.