Create a custom component
You can create customized components that have all the details you need. Start by creating a simple custom componentcomponent that the user creates and uses for creating model objects whose composition the user can modify as a group
which you can modify later.
- In the model, create a sample component that contains all the necessary component objects, such as parts, cuts, fittings, bolts, and so on.
To do this quickly, explode a similar existing component.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Click the Access advanced features button and select Define custom component.
The Custom Component Wizard dialog box opens.
- In the Type list, select the type of the custom component.
- In the Name box, enter a unique name for the component.
- Modify the other properties on the Type/Notes tab, Position tab, and Advanced tab, and then click Next.
- In the model, select the objects you want to include in the custom component, and then click Next.
You can use area selectionmethod of selecting objects that are included in a certain rectangular area of a model
In addition to the selected area, selection switches and selection filters control which object types are selected.
to select the objects. For more information, see Select objects. The main and secondary parts, grids, and component symbols are ignored when you select objects for the custom component.
- Follow the instructions in the Custom Component Wizard to continue.
You will be asked to select the main and secondary parts for the component. Depending on the component type that you selected in step 3, you may also have to define other properties, such as detail or seam position.
- If you want to adjust any of the settings at this stage, click Back to return to the previous page of the Custom Component Wizard.
- When you are happy with the settings, click Finish to create the custom component.
The custom component is added in the model and in the Applications & components catalog.
- If you want to change the settings afterwards:
- In the custom component editor , click the Modify custom component settings button.
- Change the settings.
- Click OK.