Modify the dialog box of a custom component
Each custom componentcomponent that the user creates and uses for creating model objects whose composition the user can modify as a group
has a dialog box that you can modify. For example, you can add images, tabs, and lists to the dialog box. Use the Custom Component Dialog Editor to edit the dialog box.
- In the model, select the custom component.
- Right-click and select Edit Custom Component Dialog Box.
The Custom Component Dialog Editor opens.
- To move items, drag them to a new place in the dialog editor.
You can also use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+X (cut), Ctrl+C (copy), and Ctrl+V (paste). For example, to move items to another tab: select the items, press Ctrl+X , go to another tab, and press Ctrl+V.
- To select multiple items, hold down the Ctrl key and click the items, or use area selectionmethod of selecting objects that are included in a certain rectangular area of a model
In addition to the selected area, selection switches and selection filters control which object types are selected.
You can now drag all the items at once.
- To add an image:
- Click Insert > Picture to show the contents of the folder that is set to Image Folder in Options.
- Select an image.
The image must be in the bitmap ( .bmp ) format.
- Click Open.
- Drag the image to the correct place.
- To add a tab:
- Click Insert > Tab Page .
- Double-click the new tab.
- Enter a new name, and then press Enter.