Install Tekla Structures multi-user server as a service
The Tekla Structures multi-user server installer installs the multi-user server as a service. When you have installed the server, the service is always available and it is automatically started when the server computer is started. There is no need to log in and no need to start the server manually every time you start your computer. Tekla Structures multi-user server allows many users to work on the same model simultaneously.
We recommend that you use the latest multi-user server version available regardless of the Tekla Structures version that you use.
- Download the multi-user server software installation file from Tekla Downloadsonline portal service for downloading Tekla product family software packages and applications
For example, Tekla Structures can be downloaded from Tekla Downloads.
Tekla Downloads is one of the Tekla online services.
- Double-click the installation file to run the installation.
- Follow the steps in the installation wizard to complete the installation.
The server is by default installed to:
- c:\Program Files\Tekla Structures Multiuser Server in a 32-bit operating system
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Tekla Structures Multiuser Server in a 64-bit operating system
You cannot change the installation path during the installation.
The multi-user server uses TCP/IP port 1238.
The installation log is written to the xs_server.log file that is available in c:\ProgramData\TeklaStructuresServer.