Use the Volume of bolt holes component to calculate the volume of the bolt holes that affect a part and to write them into a UDA file. You can see the values in the UDA file when you inquire the part. You can use that UDA in reports to calculate the real volume of the part, and also the weight. The name of the UDA is BOLT_HOLE_VOLUME.
Tekla Structures version: 19.1
.NET Framework version: 4.0
To install the extension:
- Download the Volume of bolt holes file package from the Tekla Extranet.
- Extract the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla Structures model.
- If the Volume of bolt holes toolbar is not visible, follow the steps:
- Click Tools > Customize to open the Customize dialog box.
- Select the Volume of bolt holes toolbar and select the Visible check box.
- Click the Volume of bolt holes button .
- The Volume of bolt holes dialog box opens.
- Make the desired modifications.
- If the selected option is set to All parts, the tool calculates the bolt group volume for all parts that have bolts.
- If the selected option is set to Selected parts, the tool calculates the bolt group volume only for the selected parts that have bolts.
In the message panel the tool displays the bolt group volume.
The values are also displayed in the Inquire dialog box of the parts.
|Selection option||Define for which option to run the tool.
The options are:
|OK||Use to run the tool.|
|Cancel||Use to close the dialog box. Does not remember the current selected option.|