Use Volume of bolt holes component to calculate the volume of the bolt holes that affect a part and write them into a UDA file. You can see the values in the UDA file when you inquire the part. User can use that UDA in reports to calculate the real volume of the part, and also weight. The name of this UDA is BOLT_HOLE_VOLUME.
Tekla Structures version: 19.1
.NET Framework version: 4.0
To install the extension:
- Download Volume of bolt holes file package from Tekla Extranet.
- Extract the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla model.
- If the Volume of bolt holes toolbar is not visible, follow the steps:
- Click Tools > Customize to open the Customize dialog box;
- Select the Volume of bolt holes toolbar and check the Visible check box.
- Click on the Volume of bolt holes button .
- The Volume of bolt holes dialog window will open.
- Make the desired modifications.
- If the selected option is set to All parts, the tool will calculate the bolts group volume for all parts that have bolts
- If the selected option is set to Selected parts, the tool will calculate the bolts group volume only for selected parts that have bolts.
In the message panel the tool will display the bolts groups volume.
The values are also displayed in the Inquire dialog box of the parts.
|Selection option||Define for which option run the tool.
The options are:
|OK||Use to run the tool.|
|Cancel||Use to close the dialog box but doesn’t remember current selected option|