Creating a sequence
Use the Sequencer tool to assign sequence numbers to parts. If you want to view and modify the sequence number afterwards, you must first create a user-defined attribute to which you assign sequence numbers.
To create a new sequence:
- Create a user-defined attribute to which you assign sequence numbers.
- Open the objects.inp file in any standard text editor.
- In the Part attributes section, add a new user-defined attribute.
The value_type must be integer, and the field_format must be %d.
attribute("MY_INFO_1", "My Info 1", integer, "%d", no, none, "0.0", "0.0")
- Save the file.
- Restart Tekla Structures.
- Click Tools > Sequencer to display the Sequencer Properties dialog box.
- Type a name for the sequence. Use exactly the same name as in the objects.inp file.
For example, MY_INFO_1.
- Click Apply.
- Select the parts you want to include in the sequence.
The first part gets the sequence number 1, the second part number 2, and so on.
If you select a part that has already been included in the sequence, Tekla Structures asks if you want to override the existing number. If you click Yes, Tekla Structures gives the next available number to the part.
- To finish adding parts to the sequence, click Edit > Interrupt or press Esc.